"dynamic fields" checkbox is disabled in "create a pull-request in Stash"

neywen January 17, 2020

Jira version : Jira v8.6.0

platform : on a local server

Client : Safari or Chrome on macOS. Gets the same results with Chrome on Windows.

I have admin permission and I'm configuring one of my project's workflow.

In one of the transitions, I want to add a "create a pull-request in Stash"  function.

Since the last Jira update (sometimes last week), I'm not able to check/uncheck the "dynamic fields" anymore, it's 'disabled'. Therefore, I can not complete the configuration properly.

If I edit a previous function of the same kind, where this checkbox had been checked, I can see it's still checked, but I can not uncheck it either.

Would someone be aware of something I could do ?
Could this be a bug ?

2 answers

0 votes
neywen January 20, 2020

And then, our admin sys has found a magical trick to get around the problem ! A thousand 'woot' to him !

Once you get to the form (the one used to 'create a PR in stash' function),

click the first field ("Description") to give it the focus,

then press the keyboard key "tab" 4 times, until the "Dynamic fields" checkbox gets the focus,

then press the keyboard spacebar : it'll make the checkbox change its status to "checked", and switch the form to the "dynamic" layout.

This trick works on Chrome on macOS (Chrome 79.0.xx, macOS 10.15.2, in case of...)

This trick does NOT work on Safari : Safari jumps over the "dynamic fields" field when pressing tab, probably because it detects that this field is disabled.

0 votes
neywen January 20, 2020

Trying to move on this issue, I see now that in 

"Jira Administration / Manage apps / ", then clicking the link "manage apps" (to get the list of installed apps)

We get : 

- "Applinks Extension for Jira" (which contains the "create a PR in stash" function) that is notified as "Incompatible - update requested", and this, since the last Jira update we made last week (8.6.0)

Suggest an answer