"Please provide a valid value for the field assignee"

Alessa Jaeger _LSY_ May 12, 2021

Dear all,

I am currently implementing a ServiceDesk with a hidden "Assignee" field. I have set a preset user for assignment (who is project lead, administrator and has an agent license). However, when I try to create an issue on the portal using a test customer (it works with my own user!), I get the errormessage "Please provide a valid value for the field assignee". However, I cannot find the problem cause as the value is set....

Unbenannt.PNGUnbenannt_2.PNG

Does someone has an idea on that?

Best regards, Alessa

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Right, so your create issue screen does not have the assignee field on it.  You'll need to add that, or make it optional in the field configuration

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Alessa Jaeger _LSY_ ,

Could it be related to the "Assign Issues" permission? That the test user does not have this permission?

Is just an idea, not further explored by me.

Regards, Marco

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Also, does the user to be named as the assignee have the permission "assignable user", and also be a service desk agent in that project?

Like Marco Brundel likes this
Alessa Jaeger _LSY_ May 17, 2021

Dear @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Marco Brundel ,

the customer has the "assign issues" permission, as well as the default assignee has the "assignable user" permission.

Suggest an answer