"Issues in this Epic" panel displays in /issues/ view, but not in /browse/ view

Scott McNeely January 4, 2019

I'm posting this again, as I am hoping somebody can help me track down this problem. 

Long story short -- I can see the "Issues in this Epic" panel with browsing an Epic via the "All Issues" view, but the panel disappears when browsing the very same Epic directly, in the "Browse" mode (e.g., browsing the Epic directly).

This is hugely frustrating, if you have thoughts for how to make the panel show up when browsing the Epic itself, let me know. 

More details and screenshots here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Epic-detail-page-no-longer-lists-tasks-stories-in-the-Epic/qaq-p/970414

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Hello Scott,

As you can see in my screenshots below, I was not able to reproduce your issue. The Epic panel is appearing on both "Browse" and "Issues" sections:

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 15.37.53.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 15.38.01.png

That been said, please provide us the following details so we can better troubleshoot your problem:

- What is the browser you are currently using? What is its version?

- Have you tried to use a different browser? Also, try to use the same browser on incognito mode.

- Nate mentioned on your previous question that it is correctly working for new JIRA Accounts and it used to work for you too. Can you try to log in on a different machine and check if it works for your account? Preferably, try to access your account from the machine of one of the users that are unable to reproduce the problem.

- Check if the users that are not able to reproduce the problem are also using the same web. Just to ensure that any IP or domain of JIRA is not been blocked by a firewall.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Scott McNeely January 7, 2019

Hi Petterson.

1) Currently I am the only user of this Jira instance. I am the admin, testing out the setup before I roll it out to the wider team. SO currently I am the only user experiencing the issue, and I assume since I am admin, there should be nothing hidden from me.

2) I have replicated my issue on Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 and Safari Version 12.0.2. Both standard and incognito modes, I can replicate on both.

So I am assuming there is something wrong with my underlying configuration. Are you able to look at that? 

And in case this helps:

WORKING AS EXPECTED -- FOR THE EPIC TRIP-2, I CAN SEE THE "ISSUES IN THIS EPIC" PANEL IN THE VIEW BELOW

https://modernadventure.atlassian.net/projects/TRIP/issues/?filter=allissues

Project View.jpg

NOT WORKING - FOR THE EPIC TRIP-2, THE "ISSUES IN THIS EPIC" PANEL IS MISSING WHEN BROWSING THE EPIC DIRECTLY

https://modernadventure.atlassian.net/browse/TRIP-2

Not Working.jpg

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your answer, Scotty.

That's a really strange behavior since I am not been able to reproduce it, as I displayed to you in my last screenshots.

That been said, I recommend you to open a ticket with Atlassian Support team so they can access your instance logs and better investigate what is causing this issue:

Atlassian Support team

Please, let us know once they provide any information about it!

Scott McNeely January 7, 2019

Thanks Petterson.

The issue is now resolved. It turns out, the "Issues in this Epic" panel will only display if you are subscribed to Jira Software, it will not display if you subscribe to Jira Core on its own. Strange, but true.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2019

Thank you a lot for your feedback, Scott.

That's a really strange behavior that I was not aware of.

So, the Epic panel displays properly in the issue detail view of the Issue navigator but not in the Epic itself when not signed-up for JIRA Software?

I will talk with our internal teams to make sure that this is the expected behavior for this functionality.

I will let you know as soon as they give me any feedback about this.

Suggest an answer