Epic detail page no longer lists tasks/stories in the Epic

Scott McNeely December 29, 2018

On the Epic detail page we are no longer seeing a list of the Tasks/Stories in the Epic.  We cannot find a setting that configures this nor does it seem like there is a way to enable/disable in the screens or screen configurations.  Thoughts?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott McNeely January 7, 2019

I have successfully resolved this issue.

It turns out, the "Issues in this Epic" panel will only display if you are subscribed to Jira Software, it will not display if you subscribe to Jira Core on its own. Strange, but true.

So if this problem is happening for you, make sure you have activated Jira Software.

0 votes
Scott McNeely December 31, 2018

Deleting these, because I uploaded better screenshots above.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2018

Hello,

Could you make a screenshot where you can't see stories?

Scott McNeely December 31, 2018

Thanks Alexey, see my screenshot below.

Scott McNeely January 2, 2019

Hi Alexey, here's a more clear way to explain my problem.

Screenshot 1: All Issues view, yes, I can correctly see the "Issues in this Epic" panel. Epic MOAD-1 correctly shows task MOAD-2 as a related user story. 

Yes - All Issues epic view.jpg

However, when I click into the Epic itself, the "Issues in this epic" Panel disappears and I cannot see how to add it back. In the example below, MOAD-1 no longer displays the "Issues on this epic" view.

Screenshot 2:

No - Epic view screen.jpg

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2019

Add an issue to the Epic and you will see this panel

Scott McNeely January 3, 2019

Hi Alexey. 

There already are issues assigned to this Epic. The problem is that the "Issues in this Epic" panel only displays sometimes. 

For example, I see the panel correctly when I view "All Issues" (see screenshot 1 above): https://modernadventure.atlassian.net/projects/MOAD/issues/MOAD-5?filter=allissues&orderby=priority%20DESC

However, when I browse the Epic itself, the panel disappears (see screenshot 2): https://modernadventure.atlassian.net/browse/MOAD-5

For an unknown reason, the "/issues/" view correctly displays the Panel.

But the "/browse/" view is hiding the Panel.

Any thoughts? 

Nate Thelen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 4, 2019

I work with Scott... In addition, if you create a brand new Jira account it works as expected (and our account worked as expected initially but has since stopped working)

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2019

I just checked. I have the same issue like you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events