"Configure" Board is a Blank Screen

Joshua Pasternak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2019

When I click "Configure" on my JIRA board, I see a blank screen. The screen doesn't allow me to configure any board functions (columns, quick filters, etc). This issue only occurs when I use a board query that involves more than one project. Other board queries allow me to configure the board without issue.

A colleague had a similar issue recently: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Configure-dashboard-disappeared/qaq-p/980544#U983000

JIRA Configure.png

2 answers

Embrenchia Snyman May 7, 2024

does not relate

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hi Joshua - 

You will probably need to check the logs, or have your administrator check the logs to see what the problem is here. If it were me I'd also verify it's not a browser issue by checking a different one.

Post the error here once you get it.

-Josh

Joshua Pasternak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2019

Thank you for your reply, Josh. 

We don't have access to the logs, but I can forward this request to our Atlassian vendor that we're hosted by to pull them for us. Is there any specific log file I should ask them to check? Or should I just ask them to check the error log when this issue occurs?

Best,

Josh

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

You should check the standard log file, which is /<installdir>/logs/catalina.out for me.

You may need to coordinate with them so that you load the page at a time when they can pull the logs to narrow down which parts of the log pertain to the issue you're having.

Suggest an answer