"Assign to me" button should transition issue from one state to the next.

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Apr 16, 2013

Hi,

What I require is that -

"Assign to me button should transition issue from one state to the next state of the workflow."

or if it's possible to hide the Assign to me button for a certain state of a certain workflow?

JIRA 4.4.4

Regards

Tarun

2 answers

Hi Tarun, same question has been asked a few hours ago:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159032/hide-the-button-assign-and-assign-to-me-when-a-specific-status-is-set

There you have some possible solutions for this.

One other possibility not mentioned in that question is a plugin called Script Runner, with this plugin you can create a listener for the Issue Assigned event and fire a transition. The only problem is that this will be fired everytime the issue it's assigned, not only when it's assigned by the assign button.

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Apr 16, 2013

Hi Tarun,

just a small comment from me to your question: I would not use the "Assign to me" Button to do something completely different than assigning an issue to me. If you use it in every workflow state, how would you know, what exactly you are doing ? You do 20 times "Assign to me" and every time it means something else. I think, your users would not understand what is happening there.

So, hide it, if you want (as Ramiro pointed to), but do not give the button another meaning...

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

688 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you