query to find all issues in a status for > than x days

I need to setup a quick filter to show items that are in a certain status for > than 5 days. Cant figure it out so any help appreciated. I dont want to see anything not updated in the last 5 days it's that fact that it's been in a certain status for the last 5 days that I'm interested in.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mark,

I have an option.

status changed BEFORE -5d

It worked for me.

Vijay

Wouldn't the above filter show you everything that DID change status sometime before 5 days ago?  

The filter I'm using that I believe is working for this is:

!(status changed after -5d)

"Show me everything that has not changed status after 5 days ago" i.e. status has not been changed on the issue in the past 5 days.

Perhaps there is something I''m missing though...

Arij I'm New Here Jul 30, 2018

The problem with this formula is that if the issue has been created with this status, it has not been touched since created, and no activity for more than X days; the issue has been in this status for more than X days and the status never CHANGED ... 

Has anyone found another way to check if an issue has been pending in the same status for more than X days, even if this is the very first status it was created with ?

Thanks !

Arij,

My solution is working for me, even for the initial status.  Our Initial status is "Not Yet Started" and we are currently 6 days into a sprint (past the -5d in the filter).  There are 2 items in the sprint that have not been touched since they were created.  I did a quick test to see if they would show up:

filter = <team_board_filter_name> and sprint in openSprints() and sprint not in futureSprints() and status = "Not Yet Started" and !(status changed after -5d)

the in openSprints and not in futureSprints is the silly way in my filter I'm saying "only show me the active sprint" since there is no activeSprints() jql function.

This, as expected, showed me the 2 items my team has not started yet (on the 6th day of the sprint) as they've been in the "not yet started" status for longer than 5 days, are in an active sprint, and in my team's board (the initial filter).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you