{{pullRequest.url}} Returns always empty

Lucas Monteiro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Hello! I'm trying to make an automation with Jira and Slack from Slack incoming webhook, but, when i use {{pullRequest.url}} smart value, the message gets empty. The integration with Jira and Github looks ok, givin that in jira issue card the development section gets the PR information. This question has the same problem than me, but it doesn't look like has a answer that really works:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-show-a-Pull-Request-URL-in-an-automated-JIRA-comment/qaq-p/1845908

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2024

Hi @Lucas Monteiro -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is the trigger for your rule?

The smart value {{pullRequest}} is only available with the PR-related triggers: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-development/#--Pull-request--

Kind regards,
Bill

Lucas Monteiro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

Hi Bill, thanks for answer so fast! My trigger is when a issue is transitioned. I'd like to send a slack message with the pull request url when issue is transitioned from "in dev" to "waiting for code review". Is that possible?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2024

I recall this scenario from an earlier question, and a workaround was to use another rule to save the URL in an custom field in the issue when the Pull Request Created trigger fires.  Later, that field could be used, as needed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events