project/component lead as additional assignee

Hi,

To explain the situation; we have 3 teams working on 1 project. To keep the backlog of the teams clean, I have created a filter that shows only the team specific issues. This filter looks at the additional assignee (custom) field. For this I have added 3 users: Team 1, 2 and 3 whcih can be selected in this field .

Now I would like to auto fill the field when an issue is created by selecting the component lead (a team). The problem is that I cannot seem to do this with a post funtion?

are there any other ideas?

2 answers

You should be able to do it with an inline script post function.  This question shows a sample of such a script that is very similar in that it checks against component, with the difference being they are setting the normal assignee and not a custom field.  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/30947704/answers/30947713 .

Why not just use the Components? You will have all the benefits:

• You know which team a ticket belongs to (Component = Team A)
  • A ticket will only have one true Assignee (Instead of "assignee = Team A" custom field)
  • The Backlog filters can be easily updated
  • Plus, You now have a Component Lead which may be the lead of that team.

We thought about that, but we already use components what they are meant for; specific parts of the project/software. The additional assignee field is already present (since multiple developers could be working on 1 story...it happens :-), so why not use if to also add a Team (at least that was what we thought).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

754 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you