post function for Set field value KO

Carolina SILVA March 3, 2021

Hello, 

I need every jira created to have a SECURITY LEVEL set by default.

So I added a post function to Set field value (JMWE app) which seems exactly what I need.

I gave a field value which is NTG users only (that already exist on my security level settins) but it fails each time I create a new issue. I do not get where I am wrong. 

I receive an error report (thought JMWE) which is 

'Incorrect request: {"security":"Security level name 'NTG users only' is not valid"}' but in my Project issue security it exists and I copied/pasted it to be sure I do not make any mistake.

Can someone help me please? Thanks 

JIRA Post function 1.pngJIRA Post function 2.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA ,

unless you use the "Run as" feature of the Set FIeld Value post-function, the post-function will run as the "add-on user" (Jira Misc Workflow Extensions), therefore that user must be added to the "NTG users only" security level. In fact, any security level should always include the "atlassian-addons-project-access" project role, which automatically includes all add-on users.

The post-function can only see security levels it belongs to.

Carolina SILVA March 3, 2021

Helo @David Fischer thanks a lot, it works now.

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hi @Carolina SILVA ,

I'm glad it worked. Can you please "Accept" the answer so that other members can find it in the future?

Thanks,

David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events