populating sprint table automatically based on JIRA due date

Gilbert Louis October 16, 2015

Hi we manage our various tasks and features in JIRA and our sprints in sprint tables in confluence. It is taking us a lot of time to prepare these tables and then making sure each JIRA has the matching due date.

Is there a way to auto-populate the sprint table based on JIRA due date. So as we set the due date in the JIRA, this JIRA ticket is automatically added to the sprint table.

Thank you

Gilbert

2 answers

0 votes
Gilbert Louis October 18, 2015

Hi thank you for your response Gabrielle, I build a number of pages to manage our features, tasks and catalog of features into sprints in Confluence but I'm now looking to increase the automation but I'm still relatively new to Atlassian.So to answer your question they are tables I created in Confluence.

I will have a look at your link. Thank you.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2015

Ok, let us know if that works for you :)

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

What is this Sprint Table? Is it an add-on to Confluence? Or just a normal table?

Can you just use the built in JIRA Agile Sprint + Confluence Integration? This is the "Linked Pages" link found on the Sprint Report of your Agile board (https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints/linking-a-confluence-page-to-a-sprint)

If you don not like this option, you will have to do some coding that updates your confluence tables with the data from your Sprint (thinking about using JIRACLI for this).

Suggest an answer