please explain pricing (if any ) for Jira service desk and confluence

Eduard Melman January 8, 2017

With release  note I see " JIRA Service Desk 3.1 also introduces free access to a knowledge base (in Confluence) for JIRA Service Desk customers"

can you please explain this in details. If I buy Service desk licenses do I need Confluence to buy or I will be able to use it free of charge?

Eduard

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Eduard Melman did you get your question answered?  

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

Service Desk customers have been free since Service Desk 2, but only for the JIRA part of the Atlassian stack.

Atlassian promote Confluence heavily for use as a Knowledge Base to work along-side the Service Desk.  You will need to buy Confluence and licence it for people who are going to write your KB articles.  Before JSD3.1 you either have to give your customers a full (and hence not free) Confluence account or enable full anonymous access to your knowledge base spaces for them to be able to use it.  This fixes that problem - customers no longer need a Confluence account for KB spaces.