not all cards appearing in active sprint

Sara_Hicks January 15, 2020

i have an epic and none of the cards under that epic, or the epic for that matter, appear in my active sprint. BUT they do appear in backlog. what did i do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

sorry, this is the classic view

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Hi @Sara_Hicks 

It seems like you should add stories from the backlog to the sprint manually as described here:

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/sprints

P.S. We had a similar situation when issues didn't appear on our board but after we changed their status to one present on the board they became visible.

Hope this helps somehow.

thanks @Grigory Salnikov . all that has been done. i'm a certified scrummaster and should know the answer to this but i've been trying for days. rebooting, clearing cache, clearing all filters, adding filters, making sure i'm the admin, manually trying to move a card from backlog to active, nothing works. i have an active sprint that is not closed. and it's weird that i can see the cards in the backlog view but not in the active sprint view. most cards appear there. but not the epic 4.1. the cards are not closed either; they're in progress, ready, etc.

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Oh, I see. This does sound strange. It's only one epic that has this kind of issue?

Btw., check he similar question 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/task-not-visible-on-active-sprint-board/qaq-p/219888

and the answer provided by @Catherine Tsokur

May it be the case?

Like Sara_Hicks likes this

@Grigory Salnikov , it's only one epic. all other epics are represented. this epic that's not appearing, 4.1, has tasks and stories, and subtasks. not all are done. I will check out that question. thank you for your help.

i read and reread the answer provided by Catherine. Her problem sounds so similar to mine. i have an assignee on the epic and i collapsed all swimlanes (still didn't show epic) and then expanded all swimlanes, and the 4.1 epic still didn't show. 

Meeting with my supervisor in an hour in an attempt to fix this. Oh and this is happening on multiple projects, but only one epic each. i wonder what i did....

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this

Suggest an answer