task not visible on active sprint board

Hi all, I've a bit of a head-scratcher here. I'm a project manager of three teams using v6.2, looking at an agile board. Each team has their own board, based on unique queries of the same project. Help was needed from team one, so team two created a ticket and added the correct component to appear on team one's board. I looked at the ticket directly, saw nothing unusual, added it to sprint and assigned it to an engineer on team one. The engineer received notification and started working, but it never showed up on the in the active sprint board. It is visible in in sprint in the "backlog" view. it is visible in the "reports" view. But in the "active sprint" view (which is reached by pressing "2") it does not appear. 

What could I be overlooking that would allow a task to be visible in only two of the three views of JIRA agile?

-B

1 answer

I have two ideas:

• have you actually added the ticket to the sprint?
  • check the "Security Level". If it is private then check the issue permission scheme to make sure use has access to the issue.

Hi Nick, As noted, the ticket was in sprint and was visible in every area except for the active sprint view. To recap: * If I chose the agile board from JIRA's agile dropdown and pressed "1" to for the backlog view, I could see the ticket in sprint. * If I chose the agile board from JIRA's agile dropdown and pressed "2" to for the active sprint view, the ticket IS NOT VISIBLE in sprint. * If I chose the agile board from JIRA's agile dropdown and pressed "3" to for the backlog view, I could see the ticket in sprint. As such, the permissions checker and other diagnostic tools don't identify any issue with security or access. Alas, the sprint has come and gone, and the task is now resolved so this question is now pointless. Thanks anyway!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,944 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot