multiple workflow and service desk screens automatically created?

Chris Chambers March 16, 2018

I'm running Jira v7.5.2 Service Desk v3.8 and over time dozens and dozens of extra screens have been created.

I have several dozen of the following:

• Jira Service Desk Pending Reason Screen - ##
  • Jira Service Desk Resolve Issue Screen - ##
  • Workflow Screen - ##

Where the ## increment as high as 40 for some of the screens.

Comparing the fields on them, the Service Desk ones seem to all have the same 2 fields, while the Workflow screens all, only have an Assignee field.

Many are associated with Screen Schemes or Workflows, but not all of them.

Are these screens required, and when (I'm not sure when I'm seeing them during workflow/issue creation, testing, and general use)?  Is it safe to simply delete them, or a way to make their names automatically more descriptive so I can tell when they're required and what project/issue/workflow/etc. they belong with?

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2018

Hi @Chris Chambers this is a common question since Jira 6.2. Every new project will create it's own set of schemes / screens / workflows.

The easiest way to avoid this is to create new projects using 'Shared Configuration' so that you re-use an existing project's configuration and it doesn't create a new set of schemes.

You can refer to this KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/creating-new-project-always-creates-a-new-issue-type-scheme-588582374.html

And yes, it is safe to delete these extra screens if they are not being used by any projects. You can also see if a screen is used in a workflow or screen scheme within the screen administration page.

Chris Chambers March 19, 2018

Thanks!

Like LynnG likes this

Suggest an answer