move issues from jira software to jira service desk

We are trying out Service Desk and I would like to move the issues we have from JIRA Software which is running on a different server.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

That's not a "move", it's a "copy it over to another server, then delete the source issue".

You'll need code for that. 

However, you need to bear some things in mind

• The user who created a request will have their request deleted - that is not going to be popular, as you will have to refer them to the other system, you lose all the tracking, and there's no placeholder for them to follow to the other issue (if you are going to let them see it)
  • All the Service Desk stuff will be lost on the target

There's quite  lot of work to do to make this copy and delete work, and you'll need to do quite a lot of coding or scripting if you do it yourself.  Two better options would be:

• You could use something like K15t's Backbone or iDalko's Exalate add-ons todo "issue synchronisation"
  • Install Service Desk on the Software instance instead.  Massively simplifies your disconnect.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 04, 2017

Is there a question here? If you are asking if it is possible to export and import then the answer is yes. 

Maybe if you will stay on 2 instances, then this plugin can help you: JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy

Hi Rick,

Hi,

Have a look at our app Exalate.
(I'm biased as I'm part of the team creating this add-on)

I made a small video how such 'Move' operation would work - here

This move operation has been implemented with the  'Automation for JIRA' add-on.  Check it out.

This is the automation rule which makes it all possible

automation-rule.png

1. The rule is manual triggered
  2. The exalate action copies the issue to the remote issue tracker
  3. The unexalate action cleans up the link between the local issue and the remote issue
  4. The delete removes the issue from the local issue track

You could skip the 'unexalate' action, but then you would see on the remote issue that the local issue has been removed ...

2017-12-19_09-41-04.png

Francis

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

534 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you