move issue - how to limited permission ?

Magdalena Migas December 6, 2019

Hello, 

I would like to edit and limit permission to move issue across one project. 

I want to set a role where only Product Owner can move the issue from product backlog to appropriate teams? 

Thank you in advance. 

Magda 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2019

Hi mmigas,

You need then to properly configure the Permission Scheme associated with your/s project/s as per documentation suggest, in your case, you must limit Move Issue permission to those who have the Product Owner role:

Before you begin:

• You must have the Move Issues permission for the project that has the issue that you want to move.
  • You must have the Create Issues permission for the project that you wish to move your issue to.

If you do not have either of this permissions, please contact your Jira administrator to have these added to your user profile.

References:

Let us if this solves your issue or you need further information about,

Regards

Thank you for your support!

It was very helpful, however, I just started to wonder if i set up permission that just Product Owner can move issue between projects or between workflows do any logged-in user could move item between status?

For instance, I want to set up a role where the Product Owner has soley right to move tasks from "new" to "to do" in the product backlog. Nonetheless further after appropriate task assignment, i expect that the assignee will be able to move tasks and set up a status according to the work flow?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2019

Hi mmigas,

When documentation refer to move issues, it is between different projects or in the same project but between different issue types.

If you don't want users to move item from one status to another you must refer to the transition permission instead.

If you want restrict only some statutes, i.e. only the product owner can transition the issue from To-Do to In Progress, you must edit the underlying workflow and the set up a new condition on that trantision, see:

Hope this helps,

Regards

Like Magdalena Migas likes this

Thank you so much Jack it is super helpful ! :)

Regards, 

Magdalena 

Marketplace Partner
December 6, 2019

You are welcome ;)

Suggest an answer