login : 'user' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remembe

Murat Saraçoğulları October 3, 2018

Hello,

While I want to log-in Jira, the error occured below. The error occured after the confluence set-up during the integration with Jira stage.   

login : 'user' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookies...

Thnks....

2 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

I wanted to try to explain this error in more detail for others that might find this thread.  There are a few different potential causes for this error.  We created a knowledge base article to try to explain each of these and how to address them over in User unable to login with you do not have permission error.

All we know for sure in this case is that the user cannot login to Jira.  But we don't know if that is because of a bad username/password or perhaps because the user account does not have the application access to do so. 

If you have one or more users of your Jira site that cannot login when they expect to be able to, try to following that KB.  It has steps you can use to better isolate the potential causes.

Cheers,

Andy

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

That error is generic in a way.

It can be any of:

• Incorrect password used
  • AD account is locked
  • User does not have the proper license

I'm assuming that you're using Jira as Confluence's user directory. You may need to add in one of the groups into the Confluence global permissions page --> licensed users --> can use.

After the confluence installation step( Jira user authentication step).  The error occured during the jira log-in. I don't use external directory and I am sure the password

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

I'm not sure wher Confluence fits into this then....

But the answer still is probably due to an incorrect password or license issue.

How can I activate Jira? If it is due to an incorrect password or licence issue.

Suggest an answer