Hey all,

We are having issues with our JIRA setup, (strangely not our confluence system) usually in the mornings users are not able to log in first go, generally after the first user logs in everyone works fine  (or if someone resyncs the directory in the user management tools) 

short rundown of our setup:

We have multiple directories attached to our JIRA, we have nested groups and roughly 120+ users using this system.

A copy of the error is below:

2014-12-16 12:02:10,579 ajp-bio-8009-exec-11399 ERROR anonymous 722x326172x3 1yp3i5 x.x.x.x /rest/gadget/1.0/login [jira.security.login.JiraSeraphAuthenticator] Error occurred while trying to authenticate user 'USER'.2014-12-16 12:02:14,066 ajp-bio-8009-exec-11399 ERROR anonymous 722x326183x3 1yp3i5 10.80.21.4 /rest/gadget/1.0/login anager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'AD SERVER' is not functional during authentication of 'USER'.skipped.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Noella,

This error might have different root causes, as explained in the article below:

I would recommend you to check the KB above, and if the solutions provided there don't help, to report a Support Ticket, attaching a Support Zip with your JIRA logs to the ticket.

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,104 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot