jira.permission.edit.group=jira-administrators means that only JIRA administrators can edit an issue

Shrikant Maheshwari February 16, 2018

Hi Team,

i want only a specific group of users to edit the issue once it is closed.

I applied the below property in the closed status properties -

Property -jira.permission.edit.group

Value - jira-administrators

But the above property is not working.

1 answer

4 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

Hi Shrikant,

your key-value pair looks fine as long as the group is existing in your instance. I guess your permission scheme is also allowing the editing of issues to a lot of users or a group which jira-administrators are members of? Works for me:

2018-02-16_13h33_20.png

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

Hey Shrikant,

were you able to solve your problem?

Best, Max

Like Deleted user likes this
Hugo January 15, 2019
Luciano Bongiorni
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2022

Addition to Max response:

In case anyone else stumbles on this same issue, please verify if the permission scheme isn't allowing for user roles that allow a greater group of people to edit issues.

If there are only user groups specified in the permission scheme, the jira.permission.edit.group property seems to work fine, restricting access, but the roles in the permission scheme seem to be bypassing the property check.

This should do the trick. :)

Suggest an answer