jira is slow for one user

Yunus Yilmaz March 15, 2018

Hi,

We have arround 100 users. 99 user is running fine but one user have performance issues. 

The problem is ; when a particular user tried for to view an issue it lasts 40-50 seconds :/

Dashboards are loading fast for that user and server resources looks normal... I tried with same user on  different computers and issues are opening slow again. Not a computer issue.

I tried with switch user plugin and it is also slow.

He's in the same profile with other users(groups, projects, roles etc.)

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vladimir April 1, 2021

Did you resolve this issue? We have now simmilar problem. One user has very slow some operation when others not. Even we create new user with the same setting it is fast. So the problem is really in other settings in jira. But what can cause the problem? What other things we must check? 

We look also for saved dashboards and jql searches but do not know how to check it. I think there must be also something else what is saved for user.

Vladimir April 1, 2021

Ok we find the solution here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Jira-search-insanely-slow-for-one-user-mine/qaq-p/80954

It was because of some custom fields. When we take them out of the jql search then it is quick. So the problem is in the custom fields or the supplier of that custom field do it baddly for jql searching or for bulk change.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Ah, so it was the search, not the user.  Thank you for the update!

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

What about the browser they are using, workstation specs, and network? 

user x (slow one) - computer x slow

user y - computer y fast

user x - computer y slow

user y - computer x fast

user z(me) : when i switch to user x with computer z also slow.

different browsers chrome, ie, ff no change :( same network, same workstations

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2018

What is different about this user?  If they have an identical profile to someone who works fast, then the issue is not with Jira, but you have ruled most things out already, so we have to look at the difference.

Find a similar user who does not have a speed issue and look at their account.  Make the "slow" user absolutely identical - same directory, same groups, same roles.  Does the problem persist then?

Everything is same in jira side. They are added in to same internal groups and same active directory groups, same projects, same roles. Even the hair colors are the same :/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2018

It cannot be the same, there is some difference between the users somewhere (other than name, password and email, which won't affect performance).  You'll need to find it, then test what differences slows that one user.

Suggest an answer