jira is automatically logging work as my admin

Ryan Gullahorn March 28, 2013

every one of our issues today got about 6 actions logged against them. ("SYS ADMIN BOB" is just the admin who set up our instance but doesn't get into the system).

here is a common example: "SYS ADMIN BOB logged work - 29/Mar/13 7:19 AM

• <dl><dt>Time Spent:</dt><dd>6 hours</dd></dl><dl><dd>

Autologged 6h."

</dd></dl>

about 3 of those on each issue, followed by about 3 or 4 of these:

made changes - Today 7:24 AM

Time Spent 6 hours [ 21600 ] 2 hours [ 7200 ]
Worklog Id 10278 [ 10278 ]

7 answers

0 votes
Tom Towkach August 21, 2013

Just got a notification that the issue is resolved as fixed.

http://jira.go2group.com/browse/SYNAPSERT-545

The following issue has been resolved as FIXED.

SYNAPSERT-545

Date: 22/Aug/13 11:49 AM
Comment:

Fixed in v5.1.5, 6.0.5

0 votes
Tom Towkach August 21, 2013

Just had this happen to me as well; however, I'm not sure on the steps to recreate it. Regardless this autologged should only happen for the demo synapse project. I've opened an issue on this and the developer has started working on it.

Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Synapse created "tenticles" deep into our install that are still there (and causing errors) after uninstalling.... just a warning. It will take DB edits to get rid of it fully. We have decided to just do a clean install of JIRA instead and decided to go with Zephyr.

0 votes
Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

The SynapseRT addon was the culprit in our case. The addition of autologged work happened after installing the addon and checking the box to let it create a project (and also a JIRA restart we believe). I have no idea why it logged work, but it is definitely the reason. It automatically chose a system administrator as the project lead for the SynapseTest project it created and that system administrator had his name attributed to all of the Autologged work entries.

0 votes
Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

I should have been clearer. After restarting JIRA, over 300 entries of "Autologged" work appeared on various issues that reside in several projects. The amount of hours appears to be a random number between 1 and 7h. The hours were logged AGAINST DAYS IN THE PAST. So although all entries happened within a second of each other, the time logged was on specific dates (Apr 25, Apr 10, April 4, April 2nd).

This has only happened once and happened all at one time (this afternoon). I was uploading new addons at the time, so one of those may be the culprit. I don't believe that ANY addon should do this, but who knows what lurks.

We managed to delete the rows from the worklog table (hoping that doesn't screw anything up) instead of manually deleting all of the entries. But I would rather this not happen again.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Did you try my suggestion to disable the user in JIRA? This would definately cause the process to fail and maybe throw logs.

Another way you can check is the access log. They should log down which IP address triggers along with the username.

You would also look into disabling plugins and all other external functionality (e.g. services, listeners, jelly, REST, SOAP...) and see if the auto creating stops.

0 votes
Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

If anyone has a reason fro this, we would love to hear it. We have hundreds of "autologged" entries on several projects - all generated at the same time and all for one user (who insists he did nothing - that is what I am trying to confirm).

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2013

Disable this user account and see what happens.

Suggest an answer