jira deleting a screen because of blank workflow

Hi all,

I want to clean up JIRA and I have a screen that is associated with a blank workflow as shown in the picture below.  I want to delete this but cannot as it is associate with a blank workflow.  I did just cleanup the workflow.  I tried a reindex and that did not help.    

Any ideas on how to find this blank workflow to remove this screen from it?  I have no workflows without names under workflows or workflow schemes.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

image2015-4-29 14:28:32.png

5 answers

Hi!

Try to find and delete screen with SQL query. Worked for me when i had this "ghost" connection with field/issue.

I look through the database and really don't want to just delete the screen that way as I am concerned about broken links etc. Thanks though...

Oh I also checked this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/No+delete+option+on+Screens issue and I am not getting that error in my logs.

Also this SQL select workflowname from jiraworkflows where descriptor like 'Event Create Screen'; returns no values?!? (as does this select workflowname from jiraworkflows where descriptor like 'New Create event screen';)

Paul,

Have you resolved this issue?  I'm seeing the same thing in my Screen list, and I can't diagnose why I'm seeing a "blank" workflow.

When you associate a screen to the "Create" transition of a workflow, you will see the screen associated with a "blank" workflow.  This, in turn, prevents you from deleting the screen.

You should always control your "Create" transition screen with the project Screen Scheme, where you can designate a specific screen for the action of creating an issue.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

143 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you