it's possible, change to a state only when a condition is correct??

mvcasero January 15, 2020

it is possible to create a condition to only be able to pass an issue from one state to another only when the production date field is not empty

how can I do it??

3 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

As @Pete Singleton and @Merve Nur Bas said, you will need an add-on to achieve this

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

You can achieve this with the Jira Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions (JMWE) add-on.  It includes a validator called "Field is required" which you can add to your workflow transition.

0 votes
Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Hi  @mvcasero

as far as I know the in Jira integrated conditions do not  support your query. The Add On ScriptRunner for Jira however provides the possibility to create conditions based on JQL queries. Then you create a JQL Filter like "production date" is not EMPTY. 

My best

Merve

Suggest an answer