issue is status done but report is unresolved

Deleted user July 19, 2021

Hi teams,

We are using Jira Dashboard to help review our projects. Our issue is done but remained unresolved within our Create vs. Resolved Chart.image001.jpg

image002.jpg

We tried to fix this issue and follow to document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-issues-need-a-resolution-826873869.html , clicking"Publish Draft" after executing Workflows. However, it remained the same result.

image003.jpg

We checked the project's Workflow (as shown below).

Here is the question: How do we make our status "Done" and the Resolution "Resolved"?

image004.jpg

Thank you for answering the question!

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

@[deleted]  After looking at screenshot of your postfunction i found that second postfunction clears the resolution so even if you set it using the first postfunction second one clears it. You need to either remove/delete the second postfunction 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Yes remove #2 and if you want the resolution to be “resolved“ rather than “done” then edit number one and change the value. Finally you also want to clear the resolution field on all of your other transitions. So basically add number two into the transitions into to do in progress and in review. Note this is not required on the create transition.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Vessie Dracheva September 23, 2021

Hi there, I don't have #1 at all & I don't see an option to add it - how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

done.JPGoptions.JPG

2 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hello @[deleted] ,

If you need the issue statuses change to "Done" Status automatically based on any field value.

You can consider "Jira Automation" if you are a cloud customer.

Thanks, @ASHU TYAGI, I agree with you. I did notice. Thanks for the Flag.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Jan Šimek
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2022

Hi I have been using JIRA automation in cloud version and it gets to status DONE and it shows DONE, but even in done it is unresolved. I did not get the right way, how to do it? Can you help?

0 votes
Deleted user July 21, 2021

Now the problem is solved. Thanks everyone for answering!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events