It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

in JIRA can wehave the ability to create recurring tasks with 'scheduled' dates

Is there any way in JIRA where we can have the ability to create recurring tasks  with 'scheduled' due dates .As an example - if we know something is going to expire - can we create a ticket that is 'always open' and will reoccur yearly so we can refer to it in a 'Calendar' or something in Confluence. What i mean  is that we have some sort of 'birthday reminder' functionality and we can see it in a confluence calendar

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek Community Leader Mar 30, 2018

In OOTB JIRA you cannot schedule any recurring tasks. There are couple extensions that cover that. The most popular is The Scheduler - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pl.com.tt.jira.plugin.theschedulerpro/server/overview

@Mirek  is this the only known way for Jira/Confluence Cloud ? I have a request for this in my queue for this functionality ?

Mirek Community Leader Oct 04, 2019

There might be other ways or other plugins on the market. You would need to verify if something new is there or as a alternative develop something (like a script that would connect to Jira/Confluence via REST api on specific time and do something that api allows. Options are endless but it is a matter of mixing requirements and maintenance later.  Extension if it is good and supported would be always the easiest way to go.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

275 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you