import from excel to Jira

Deleted user October 22, 2019

Hi there, I have been flailing around trying to find a way to import a file from excel to Jira. I think I need to convert it to CSV. I've tried a suggestion from the community that i looked in the archives and check YouTube videos but nothing has worked so far. 

It is Jira Could that I am using. 

I tried to install a plugin but I can't get that to work either. It's the jira-importers-plugin-7.1.8.jar

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
Jason Rogers October 22, 2019

Hi,

So yes, you will need to convert the file to csv. first.

I would then read the below as you need to ensure the file is formated correctly to ensure the import is successful.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Also, you will need access to the System area of Jira, which means you will need admin access.

Good luck!

J

Hi Jason, this is what I needed, thank you! 

The upload didn't work though it only loaded the header Acceptance criteria and nothing else 

Like Jason Rogers likes this
Jason Rogers October 23, 2019

Had any more luck since yesterday?

Deleted user October 23, 2019

So this was a learning experience. I managed to get some help and complete it. Epics need to be built first then headers on the CSV have to match the appropriate placement. so you need 2 CSV's. 

Like Jason Rogers likes this
0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

What exactly is not working? Do you see any errors?

It can take a while initially but once the field mapping are done and the data type are matched the CSV imports works quite well. Take a look at the documentation.

Ravi

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

Have you converted the file to csv and still have a problem? If not, convert it and try again. I've imported csv files many times. If the option to import from csv is there it should work

Hi Joe, you're ahead of me here. I don't know what to do with my CSV file

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events