how to validate a multi select list with simple scripted validator for a default value?

hemanth acharya January 21, 2015

Hi All,

I have a scenario:

-> There are two fields, one is a 'Text field' and another is a 'Multi select list', these two fields appear only during a transition.

-> Multi select list field is always mandatory and the text field should be made mandatory based on the value in selected in the list. Also, the multi select list has a value "None" which is by default in the Jira

-> I have written two scripted validator for these:

((cfValues["Test multi"]*.value.contains("Value 1") || cfValues["Test multi"]*.value.contains("Value 2")) && cfValues['Text field'])  — LHS

||  ---- OR

(!cfValues["Test multi"] || cfValues["Test multi"]*.value.contains("Value 3")) ---- RHS

Basically, the above defines: If value 1 and value 2 from the list are chosen and the 'Text field' is empty then show error that this field is required. If Value 3 is chosen then the 'Text field' is not mandatory.

But the problem here is, '!cfValues["Test multi"]' condition doesnt seem to work at all. 

I have tried all the combination now viz cfValues["Test multi"] != null and cfValues["Test multi"]?.value != null etc. Nothing seem to work, Am I doing anything trivial? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Hemanth

2 answers

2 votes
Cesare Jacopo Corzani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2015

You can get the custom fields by using:

def multiSelectField = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Test multi");
def options = issue.getCustomFieldValue(multiSelectField) as List<Option>

if (!options){
// No element is selected
}

"Value 1" in options*.value // True if "Value 1" is in the list

options*.value.containsAll(['Value 1','Value 2']) // True if both of the elements are in the options list

This is example is related to the multi select field.

hemanth acharya January 29, 2015

@Cesare Jacopo Corzani , does this go in "simple scripted validator" ? Can you tell me what is wrong in the way I have used? Thanks

Cesare Jacopo Corzani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

This page answers your previous question: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Validators

hemanth acharya January 30, 2015

you mean to say using "cfValues['Text field'])" will retrieve value in the field from the database?

Cesare Jacopo Corzani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2015

I deleted my previous comment because it was confusing. cfValues should work too, I have a feeling cfValues is only available to the "Condition" and "Additional Actions" block, and not when using a custom script. Is it working now?

hemanth acharya January 30, 2015

yes, I tried cfValues in "simple scripted validator" and not in custom validator. I edited my question, the real problem here in LHS || RHS doesn't work. Individually LHS and RHS works. I am not sure what makes it fail when I combine them. Any idea? Thanks

0 votes
hemanth acharya January 22, 2015

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] Could you please help me with this? Thanks

Suggest an answer