how to show some fields form parent task in sub task filter result.

Ajay May 21, 2015

Hi,

I need urgent help, I have create a filter in which I have selected all the sub task of a Project which are In Progress status. Now in parent task we have a field say 'Brand Name', whereas in sub task we don't have that field as this is already available at parent task. Now when I see the searched result I have configured columns and added 'Brand Name' to show values in searched result. But this always shows up empty as there was no Brand Name captured for sub task. Do we have any solution by which I can show the value from parent task to this column. Please see attached snapshot.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Ajay

1 answer

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, Ajay.

I don't think that's possible. The results show the issue's data, not the parent's.

There's a radical solution if you set these fields on creating the issue. This is a little radical and will only work if you set these values on creating the issue, and don't change them after that.

You could set the value on creating the parent and on creating the subtask, you could use 'Set Field Value from Parent' post function to copy it to the sub-task. This way, the sub-tasks would have the values and would show in the search.

You'd need either the 'JIRA Suite Utilities' or the 'JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions' add-on for that. I don't remember which, but their both free and pre-installed, so you only need to enable them.

I'm not sure that helps, but it's an alternative.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer