how to notify customers that send an email from an unregistered email address

Baybars Kumbasar August 31, 2016

I have a publicly accessible JSD instance and we have both internal and external customers. Internal customers are registered through LDAP and external customers accounts are created manually.

There will be cases when an external user decides to send an email and open a ticket from their personal email account and ticket will never be created because the account is never registered. 

I would like to send an email out to those who do that so they will know that the ticket has not been created and they need to use a registered email address. How can I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2016

One solution is to "open" your service desk such that external customers will have an account and requests automatically created (you can have unlimited JSD customers, free). However you will need a user directory which JIRA can update alongside your LDAP (eg: JIRA Internal user dir).

Here are some relevant docs link:

Baybars Kumbasar September 9, 2016

I can't allow open access to the system unfortunately (allow anyone to create an account)

Suggest an answer