how to migrate workflow of issues linked to different project

Sateesh Chandra May 8, 2014

We have a project which has issues linked to a different project. When trying to update the workflow of the projects it fails saying that it cannot migrate the issues with links to other project tickets.

Hw do we fix it. Please help

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

I think your question is a bit unclear on exactly what action you are trying to do - "update the workflow" could be one of two things.

If you're changing the workflow, links are utterly irrelevant. Coule you tell us exactly what you are doing as you change the workflow scheme and copy and paste the text of the error message when it fails?

If you're moving an issue through the workflow with transistions, then look at the transition - you've added a validator that is checking the links and preventing the move.

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra May 8, 2014

That was a problem with the workflow which I recognized late. I migrated a workflow from a different server and some of the workflow statuses are missing. That was the cause of the proble

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Would you provide the exact error message and possibliy a screenshot ? And describe the changes you've made to the workflow and the type of links you have

Suggest an answer