how to mention a JIRA issue?

Viewing page 2 of 2

28 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Davide Paleari March 31, 2015

Hi Eduardo, Andre,

does this work only with atlassian issue? If I paste the url of my JIRA instance's issues, I do not see the same behaviour. For example: https://sideup.atlassian.net/browse/SAAS-809

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2015

Hi Davide,

A simple copy and paste of the JIRA issue URL should be enough.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41017

This text writer will translate the information accordingly.

Hope it helps!

Andre

Martin August 7, 2015

Andre, could you tell us how you are able to do this ? In JIRA v6.2.4, when I paste a complete URL to an issue, the only thing I see as a result is a link containing the text of the adress... (while writing CC-233 result in a link CC-233, with the only text CC-233).

Julian Zitsch December 14, 2015

Hi Andre and the others, the feature that JIRA automatically adds the summary and the status when you copy and paste of the JIRA issue URL is cool. In a normal JIRA this does´t work. Does anyone know a plugin which adds this feature? Thanks in Advance. Regards from Germany, Julian

Like Joost Okkinga likes this
Jordan Paul May 27, 2016

I second Julian's question. I'd also like to know how the summary and status is displayed. In my instance, adding the issue key to a comment only results in a clickable link to the issue

Like Joost Okkinga likes this
Sreenath H B July 18, 2016

Pasting the URL doesn't do that for me either - it just displays as a clickable link. Putting in the issue key makes it into a clickable link to the issue and shows the ticket status along with it. This is the closest I've got on this but would love to see the ticket title show up as well like in @Andre Borzzatto's comment.

Let me try this here: JRA-41017 or https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41017

It works here if I paste the URL. Not sure if it's a setting or a plugin that we don't have on our cloud Atlassian instance.

Dion Gonano July 25, 2016

I would like this too. Has no one figure out how to do this on a server instance?

@Andre Borzzatto, Seeing as you answered, do you know why this isn't working for us?

I also noticed the @mentions render differently. These have a box but mine is just a hyperlinked name. Could it be the same feature?

Francis Miller July 26, 2016

Yeah I love the fact that the title appears in the mini-link, it doesn't do that on our cloud instance and it's annoying because I have to type the title of each referred issues.

Like Chris Fairclough likes this
Nguyen Tuan Trung August 30, 2016

Hi,

Any one has update on this? When I mention an issue, only code + status are displayed, not the title.

Thanks,

Trung

Dia Mehdawi October 21, 2016

If I recall correctly  fancy links was a plugin you add to JIRA ?

Geoffrey Ulman November 14, 2016

@Andre Borzzatto I'd also be very interested in learning how to make our JIRA Server instance display issue mentions like this in comments. Currently all ours does is display the URL with a hyperlink to the issue (instead of the nice graphic with the title and resolved status).

DavidT January 3, 2017

This doesn't work for me.

Tibor Sirovatka January 3, 2017

For me on the 1st try it didn't worked neither (on cloud), then copied full URL, put that into brackets[] , url still shown. Then changed to issue ID and then it worked smile, even without brackets[]

Putting now into another comment now working ok. But I see there is some problem, there is green notification about updating data, but also with the RED empty one notification box (no text shown inside)

Adrian Burciu January 24, 2017

If you're working on issue JRA-41017, then simply writing the issue key (no url or anything else) should work. (issue description appears in the tooltip on mouseover)

Re: the inclusion of the issue key and description above using the URL - This Answers forum has different functionality; not the case for your standard JIRA software.

Jason Mitchell December 12, 2018

In the latest version of JIRA, just putting the issue key alone no longer auto-links. Super-frustrating. 

Meaning, if I put in "MT-123" it doesn't auto-link it. They killed keyboard shortcuts and now this. It's frustrating to power users, but maybe I'm just missing some configuration. Dunno. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer