how to get the value of date field using smart values

Muhammad Akram Sharifi August 10, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I have a date type field I would like to have an automation to send me an email when the value of "delivery date" is changed

I have used this statement is giving me the current date of the Delivery but Not the previous date.

{{ changelog.issue.fields["Delivery Date"].fromString }} to {{ issue.fields["Delivery Date"] }}

appreciate your advices in advance. 

3 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Muhammad Akram Sharifi -

Try out this syntax -

{{#changelog.Delivery Date}}.{{fromString}}{{/}} to {{issue.Delivery Date}}

A great way to debug your rule is to use the "Log action" action to write out your smartvalue output to the audit log.

I have use the above action "Log action" to test out a date field "Actual start" changes and capture the before and now value in my test rule for your reference -

2022-08-10_15-39-12.png

Original: {{#changelog.Actual start}}{{fromString}}{{/}} Now: {{issue.Actual start.format("dd/MMM/yy h.mm a")}}

Hope this helps you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

@Muhammad Akram Sharifi -

Does this means that your smartvalue setup is not working?  What is your ask?

Best, Joseph

Yes this setup for a date field is not working it only give me the current value of the field not the previous value. 

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

Delivery Date changed  From: {{ changelog.Delivery Date.fromString }} to {{ issue.fields. Deliver Date}}

this statement worked now. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2022

Please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.  Thanks for your update.

Best, Joseph

0 votes

@Joseph Chung Yin 

Here is the new question I have posted. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin