how to create a simple jira service desk ?

Emmanuelle Arthaud June 1, 2017

Hello,

i have bought a jira service desk licence, but i don't understand where to modify the formula for my customers. The customer has a link "report a system problem" but impossible to find this screen or system of screen in the configuration.

I have put another language, some texts are traduced, other are not.

is it possible to have help ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

Service desk is an extra layer on top of a JIRA project.

You set up a JIRA project as an SD project and it works the same as a JIRA project for your "Agents", but has some extra things in it. 

For a customer, it looks very different.  They see only the "portal", which is a very simplified (and mapped) view. 

When a customer uses the "report a system problem", they should land on the portal, which lets them raise "requests".  A request is a JIRA issue for the agents to work with, with details not shown to customers.

The main thing here is that I suspect you need to look at the portal configuration.  Log in as an agent/admin and go to the service desk project administration.  You should find links to portal configuration, SLA setup and so-on.

Emmanuelle Arthaud June 1, 2017

ok thanks for this quick answer.

i discover the whole panel of configurations and read tutorials since some days.

Suggest an answer