how to change current project with a url ?

Gerlof Veldstra August 1, 2017

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to change the current project into a project that is send within a url.

I have a dashboard that gives me information from a filter from the current project. To change the current project i have to select first a different project and then go back to my dashboard.  that's stupid.

So i want change the current project by logging in. 

for example:

https://domain/secure/Dashboard.jspa?changecurrentprojectto(project_id)

Is that posible and how ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

There isn't a function for that.  The "current project" is not what people seem to assume it is.  The current project context only really exists when you are looking at a project or issue.  It does NOT have a value when you are on an admin screen, a dashboard, issue navigator or board.  All you are picking up there is "the last project the user looked at".  This can be quite confusing when people try to do "clever" things with it, because they don't understand that it's not the "current".

Gerlof Veldstra August 2, 2017

Ok, is there a orther field that can be used for placing a project? So i can make a variable dashboard on behave of that field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

No, because gadgets have no way to use it directly.

You can do things with the filters your gadgets use, but there's no "current/previous project" to use in them

Suggest an answer