how to block spam mails from entering jira service desk queues from email channeling?

ankit agarwal June 7, 2015

i have linked my service desk to my email account (secure pop). how do i block spam messages (ads and stuff) from entering my issue queues? 

2 answers

1 vote
TJ Baker May 4, 2016

Hi Ankit,

Unfortunately JIRA Service Desk (nor JIRA itself) does not have any SPAM handling / filtering capabilities for their email integration.  The system just grabs everything from your email server.  

It would indeed be nice if they'd incorporate something, as most (if not all) good support systems to provide some level of SPAM filtering (we use Help Scout for some of our support, and they have a great filtering system), but as of now I'm afraid there is nothing.

You might try beefing up your SPAM handling at the server level, or see if your hosting provider or whomever handles your email server for you can help incorporate some level of SPAM blocking so they don't even land in your server.

0 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2015

Hello Ankit,

You can enable Public signup and CAPTCHA to help preventing signup by spam systems.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

ankit agarwal June 8, 2015

hi rodrigo,

i'm using an email channel, so would the mail sender be prompted to fill captcha while sending me a mail??

and please tell me how it works.

i don't want my customer to signup on jira. i just want to block spam mail coming to my mail id to be passed into my issues queue.

Laura Ivers February 21, 2017

The CAPTCHA reference here I think is in relation to the portal. All I can find on Service Desk filtering is through managing spam in your original email account settings. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-preventing-spam-tickets

Suggest an answer