how to automate the jira cards to send email

ramyashree.sollapurarajanna November 26, 2019

Problem: I need to send the JIRA cards in the dashboard to my manager via email. 

Steps: The current process i follow is the go manually to the JIRA board  and click on export option to download a PDF file and then email it to my manager.

Better approach: Is there an automated way where this story cards are sent periodically twice per week to the manager. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

what format do you want this to be in? You don't email "cards" in Jira. You could consider the following options:

• use the filter that defines the board and setup a subscription. This article may help - working-with-search-results 
  • you might consider giving your manager access to the project and allow them to access the board directly.
  • you might consider printing cards and saving as PDF and emailing
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 27, 2019

Hi @ramyashree.sollapurarajanna ,

If you end up doing the 3rd point in @Jack Brickey list, one possible way to go about it is by using Better PDF Exporter (a supported, paid app) to create your story cards in PDF format with a pre-configured template that comes with the app and automatically email that to anyone periodically with Better PDF Automation app (supported, free app).

Suggest an answer