how to add workflow transition on selecting a specific value from cascading field Ticket type/category

Suchitra Singh February 1, 2015

Hi,

I want to add “Closed” and “On Hold” status transitions from all the states of Workflow, when Ticket Type/Category which is a cascading field where the values are selected from drop down values where first value is “Environment Support” and second value say "xyz...".  So the value of Ticket Type/Category is "Environment Support xyz...". But I do not see any operator that can compare the string which is made up of two values, based on which I can add or remove “Closed” and “On Hold” workflow status transitions. The only available String comparison operators are == and !=

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2015

Cascade fields are not strings, that's why the operators do not work. The next question is what plugin you are using to create your conditions, because the standard ones don't handle custom fields, and the ones I've used (and written) to provide conditions based on custom fields ask you what options you want with a select list - they don't offer you any comparisons.

0 votes
Suchitra Singh February 1, 2015

To be more specific, can you please tell me Problem: how can I configure the workflow status transition based on any cascade field that gets value from more than one list components. Currently we can configure the workflow status transition based on a field which gets value from a single text field component, by using the comparison operators >=,<=,==,!= etc. but it doesn't work for Cascade type fields.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2015

Do you mean Jira? Not sourcetree as you label says?

Suggest an answer