how can i send notifications to reporter?

I'm fairly new on Jira and for some reason i can't send notifications other than the create issue to Reporter. I'm using two different users (one as reporter and the other as agent), and in the notification scheme the Reporter has access to receive update notifications. I tried setting it as a watcher and didn't work. It doesn't put any email in the queue, but the notification helper says it's receiving the mails.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Champion Sep 27, 2016

Emails are managed in the notification scheme. Every transition fires an event in the post functions. You flag the events you want the role/group notified on in the notification scheme. You can also create custom events and use those in the post functions. There is a Generic Event that is automatically added when you create new transitions. I suggest you inspect all the transitions in your workflow to see what events are firing first so you can understand when what event fires. Then build your notification scheme accordingly and modify the events firing if needed.

I checked the post functions and everything seems normal, i tried changing  the function in one of the transitions (and changing that function in the notification scheme) and still is not sending the email. Before you ask, yes I published the changes so i don't know what else can be.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,781 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot