how can i create a new custom field for bug which will be from a tree type

hi

i would like to add a new custom field which will be represented as a tree, for example:

server–>

report -->

report 1

report 2

ServerFeature1

Client–>

login mechanism

etc

any idea guys?

2 answers

0 vote

That looks like a three-level cascading select list to me.  Is that right?

If so, then you can't do this on Cloud, JIRA only has a 2-level field off-the-shelf, and options to try to link normally independent fields together aren't available either.

If I'm not right, then could you explain the field definition more?

Hi Nic, when you say 'options to link normally independent fields are not available', do you mean I cant create a custom field type which has a select list and a textfield together? I need to create filed to add estimates and a list of categories. eg: ANL 4 hours etc I need the fields to be placed horizontally i.e select list of categories and the estimate field next to it. Can I achieve this by creating my own plugin? Thanks

That is what I said, yes. You can create a custom field *type* if you are prepared to write an add-on, but you'll have to move off Cloud to use it.

so i can create a 2 level field filter? if so how ?

2 levels is built in. Admin -> Custom field -> Add -> Cascading select

No, they can't - it's not for Cloud

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

807 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you