how can I make a filter a favorite for all of my Jira users?

Mike Jordan February 25, 2016

All of my users (especially outside development) want access to my shared filters for a release, but they are either too lazy or too inexperienced to do it themselves.

Is there a way as an administrator that I can make a shared filter a favorite for specific or all users?

3 answers

0 votes
Mike Jordan February 25, 2016

Thanks, but we're not moving from Cloud any time soon.  This issue is really hurting the uptake of JIRA here.  Basically there are only 4 of us using it and I don't see the others budging until I can set things up for each of them.  If Cloud doesn't support an administrator setting up management and non-development access, then IMHO it's not really ready for prime time.  I like to use tools that make my job easier, not harder.

Dennis Poort February 28, 2016

For what purpose do they require that filter as being favorite?

Hm, I see I hit that button too fast. It's for a release. What are non-developers looking at exactly? Progress? Do they really need to see that in a filter search result, or maybe you could share something via a dashboard, or link result to a confluence page, or ...

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

For cloud - I don't think so, for JIRA server - you can use a groovy script to do that.

Here's a sample which adds all visible filters as favorites for the current user:

import com.atlassian.jira.favourites.FavouritesManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchRequestManager;
import com.atlassian.jira.util.Visitor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchRequestEntity;
import com.atlassian.jira.exception.PermissionException;
def fm = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(FavouritesManager.class)
def srm = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchRequestManager.class)
def user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()
srm.visitAll(new Visitor<SearchRequestEntity>(){
  void  visit(SearchRequestEntity sr) {
      try {
      	fm.addFavourite(user, srm.getSearchRequestById(sr.id));
      } catch (PermissionException e) {
        //ignore  
      }
  }

})

Suggest an answer