• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how can I get extended project administration permissions?

Alec Sun I'm New Here Jan 25, 2021

I create a Jira project, but the extended adminstration was disabled, but I need to modify or create my own workflow.

2 answers

0 votes
Pramodh Community Leader Jan 25, 2021

Hi @Alec Sun

If you have created a project, you have Jira administrator Permissions in Jira Server.

You should be able to edit the workflow by going to Project settings and then select the workflow that the project has created during project creation.

If Jira admin has created a project, please follow the following

Go to the Permission scheme and see whether you have extended project administration option enabled, If not, please ask your Jira administrator to enable it.

Thanks,
Pramodh

0 votes

Hi @Alec Sun ,

Jira administrators and project administrators have different permissions when it comes to workflows.

Please contact the system administrator for more information.

As a project administrator, you can only edit a workflow that belongs to your project if:

• you have the Extended project administration permission, which is enabled by default (you can check that in Project settings > Permissions),
  • the workflow isn't shared with any other projects (it's only available in your project),
  • the workflow isn't the default Jira workflow (no-one can edit these workflows).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver080/workflows-967899581.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you