how can I get extended project administration permissions?

Alec Sun January 25, 2021

I create a Jira project, but the extended adminstration was disabled, but I need to modify or create my own workflow.

2 answers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Alec Sun ,

Jira administrators and project administrators have different permissions when it comes to workflows.

Please contact the system administrator for more information.

As a project administrator, you can only edit a workflow that belongs to your project if:

• you have the Extended project administration permission, which is enabled by default (you can check that in Project settings > Permissions),
  • the workflow isn't shared with any other projects (it's only available in your project),
  • the workflow isn't the default Jira workflow (no-one can edit these workflows).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver080/workflows-967899581.html

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Alec Sun

If you have created a project, you have Jira administrator Permissions in Jira Server.

You should be able to edit the workflow by going to Project settings and then select the workflow that the project has created during project creation.

If Jira admin has created a project, please follow the following

Go to the Permission scheme and see whether you have extended project administration option enabled, If not, please ask your Jira administrator to enable it.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer