how can I add a custom field into all screens

Abner Severino February 6, 2020

hi community , I created a custom field , but I need to know how can adde it this field into all screens without select screens one by one... 

in addition to the above is possible that when create a new project this fields appears automatically into their screen?

thanks a lot in advance.

4 answers

2 votes
Satvik Sharma October 25, 2020

Figured out some JS that works (on Cloud at least, not tested on Server) to run on the page to check all the boxes.

document.querySelectorAll("input[name=associatedScreens]").forEach(input => input.checked = true)
Nika March 23, 2022

Hi,

on Data Center, visually it works but no field is visible when creating the task

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

UPDATE

Re-index fixed everything 

Satvik Sharma April 5, 2022

Hey @Nika Melikidze this trick is for the /secure/admin/AssociateFieldToScreens!default.jspa route where you are associating fields to screens.

Like Nika likes this
0 votes
Mark Northcott November 27, 2021

You can go in to associate field flagged to screens and select all screens.

Unfortunately that does not help with any new projects or screens.

0 votes
Renni Verho October 14, 2020

We have also quite huge amount of screens and sometimes new custom field needs to be added many screens and finding and clicking one by one is quite pain. 

Idea for quick improvement: add "select all" in screen selection view. 

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hey @Abner Severino 

You may be able to write something with ScriptRunner but from my research it doesn't look like you can. Looking into their Script Listeners, you cant watch for when a project is created or a new screen is made and that would be the only way I can think of with ScriptRunner to do what you want.

Being in cloud limits your options with this. Referencing this post but In Server you could set up a listener and then use the REST API to modify the screens. Cloud unfortunately does not have listeners.

I hate to say it but I don't think this is possible.

Suggest an answer