• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how can I add a custom field into all screens

hi community , I created a custom field , but I need to know how can adde it this field into all screens without select screens one by one... 

in addition to the above is possible that when create a new project this fields appears automatically into their screen?

thanks a lot in advance.

3 answers

0 votes

Hey @Abner_Severino 

You may be able to write something with ScriptRunner but from my research it doesn't look like you can. Looking into their Script Listeners, you cant watch for when a project is created or a new screen is made and that would be the only way I can think of with ScriptRunner to do what you want.

Being in cloud limits your options with this. Referencing this post but In Server you could set up a listener and then use the REST API to modify the screens. Cloud unfortunately does not have listeners.

I hate to say it but I don't think this is possible.

We have also quite huge amount of screens and sometimes new custom field needs to be added many screens and finding and clicking one by one is quite pain. 

Idea for quick improvement: add "select all" in screen selection view. 

Figured out some JS that works (on Cloud at least, not tested on Server) to run on the page to check all the boxes.

document.querySelectorAll("input[name=associatedScreens]").forEach(input => input.checked = true)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you