Custom Field on All Screens

Nicholas Mulvihill June 29, 2016

I saw a similar post but it was fairly old and not quite what I was looking for. I have a few custom fields that I want on all screens across all projects, including new projects as they get started. How can I do this? 

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016
  1. Using the Assign field to screen operation will be a quick, in-product way of assigning a single field to multiple screens quickly. 
    image2016-6-29 13:47:33.png
  2. The Default Screen historically was useful for this case since all new projects were assigned the default screen. This is no longer the case if you use the JIRA core, software, or service desk project templates.
    1. Use the "create project with shared scheme" option
    2. Get an add-on that allows you to dictate project templates
    3. Modify the existing project templates to include your fields in the screens that they create
    4. Add your own project templates
    5. Create a listener to modify screens when a new project is created
    6. Use the REST API to modify screens when a new project is created

Could you elaborate on how to do this with a Listener?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2016

Listeners operate on JIRA via the public JAVA API.

In JIRA 6.2 an event was added called ProjectCreatedEvent. So I would catch that event and then operate on whatever you would like to.

Some related questions – 

How would I go about adding this listener? I have never done any JIRA Dev. I do know some Java so it can't be too hard, but how does it work with Jira? Specifically, how would I do this via the ProjectCreatedEvent listener?

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2016

What post were you looking at before?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events