export a time field in csv

George Tsangaris June 8, 2022

I have a time field named ''Time to close by Technician'' which gives values in DD:HH:MM

When i export in csv it gives values that are random numbers.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanx

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Exports give you the actual data that is in the field, and you are not getting random numbers.  Date and time are held as "epoch offsets" - a number of seconds or milliseconds since a specific date.

Your field sounds like a dedicated length-of-time field, which stores a length of time in the same way (a number of seconds or milliseconds) but presents it in a more human friendly way.

Try dividing the number you are getting by 3600

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @George Tsangaris, fields like time spent can be exported in seconds, so you need to convert the values to the format you expect. Random numbers sound like serial numbers when you open them in excel, which you need to convert to date format by selecting the column and applying the date format or a custom date format. If what I mentioned didn't help, It would be helpful if you could provide more details such as the custom field type you're using, screenshot, etc.

0 votes
George Tsangaris June 8, 2022

Thanx for the info guys, those numbers were indeed percentage of the working day

The easiest way was to create another field but instead of ''Calculated Number Field (by JWT)'' this time we chose ''Calculated Text Field (by JWT)''

The expression would be 

shortFormatDuration({issue.cf13012})

Suggest an answer