description of priority

Juliane Di Lascio July 10, 2013

We have changed the default description of two default priorities in our JIRA. If we create an issue and click beneath the priority-field on the "?" we will see the "old" (JIRA-Standard) description and not our changed one.

If we open the priorities we'll see beneath the priorities our description.
What could we do to update the description in the view about the "?" ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Hi Juliane,

I've got around to test this, and indeed; whatever you type as a description to the default priorities does not reflect when viewing the helo ("?" icon) when creating issues.

I've looked through the JIRA bug tracker, and found this: [JRA-28051] Customised priority description is not displayed in the priority help window if the priority name is not customised. Looking at this, it seems that this is just been recently fixed and awaiting deployment. I believe once this fix has been rolled into the new release of JIRA, you can then start modifying the priorities again. :)

0 votes
Juliane Di Lascio July 14, 2013

like description in your link:

Editing a priority

1. Go to the View Priorities page as described in Adding a priority (above).
  2. Click the Edit link (in the Operations) column corresponding to the priority you wish to edit.
  3. Update the fields as described under Defining a new priority (above), then click the Update button.
0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Suggest an answer