deprecated group timesheet gadget has disappeared from the plugin

Simon Ward February 13, 2013

I just upgraded the gadget and I have lost the Deprecated group timesheet gadget

how can I either get the latest version of this gadget or go back to a previous fversion of the gadget?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Hi Simon,

There is non-deprecated Timesheet Gadget, and you can specify 'Group' there (do not confuse it with 'Group By').

Though there is no automatic migration possible.

Thank you.

Hi Andriy.

This is the error we are getting:

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:group-timesheet-gadget/group-timesheet-gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500.

It only started happening after I upgraded the Plugin.

any ideas?

Regards, Simon

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Please remove it from dashboard in Administration of your dashboard, and add new one.

Thank you.

Hi Andriy.

That works fine now - thanks.

Can I suggest an improvement for the next release? can you make the group field a dropdown? we have lots and lots of groups so it's tricky to type it exactly right.

just a thought..

Thanks again for your prompt response. We have just purchased a full licence via atlassian as we are very please with the overall functionality.

Simon

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

Great, thank you for confirmation and suggestion, problem is that with normal drop down it will not be useful whith many groups, but autocomplete group selector is not yet possible, I htink. Although, please add this suggestion here: https://bitbucket.org/azhdanov/jiratimesheet/issues, you'll be notified when it is done.

Suggest an answer