dates on csv import

I am receiving this error when i use the csv importer.

• Unable to parse created date: 1/1/12 7:16
  • Unable to parse created date: 1/1/12 7:28
  • Unable to parse created date: 1/1/12 7:35
  • Unable to parse created date: 1/1/12 7:38
  • Unable to parse created date: 1/10/11 10:19

i have tried several date formats. yyyy/MM/dd h:mm a, yy/MM/dd h:mm a, MM/dd/yyyy h:mm a, and MM/dd/yy h:mm a

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

Have you tried the dates in full format with matching masks (your dates and masks as posted don't match at all)?

e.g. 30/02/2012 10:19 with a date mask of dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm

Nic, thanks for pointing that out. Excel was messing with the format of my dates. All is well now. thanks!

Hello Julian,

What exact chnages you have done in csv file. I have set the custom format as mentioned by Nic and upload it again. However I am getting the same warning.

Regards,

Arpita

No luck Dj.. getting the same error.

Hi Julian- what exactly did you try? i mean what changes you made in the excel csv format. what date format did you choose

Dear sir, 
I have exact the same problem and use exact the date mask but it's still failed. 

Do you have any idea to troubleshoot? 

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41478834/import-error-please-enter-the-date-in-the-format-dmmmyy-eg.-14sep16

My workflows involves exporting the query results from workbench adn importing into excel to correct NULL values and bad description field entries. I save it from excel and import into Jira.

I have tried this (dd/MMM/yy hh:mm:ss a) format and its working without any error.

Arpita - Can you please try to change the format in excel and import the issues.

In CSV we can't edit the date format. To edit that open the CSV fiel in notepad++ & do the changes.

Arpita,

Can you let me know the date format configured in your Jira. Make sure you make the changes to Excel dates similar to it.

Hi Arpita,

Please check the date format that has been configured in the System Info section and use the same. Also per Sateesh, make the same date format changes to CSV before importing. Hope it helps.

Hi Dhananjay, can you tell where exactly in the system infor section date format is mentioned.

Ensure your data format in CSV is tally with your JIRA date format ( System > Look & Feel > Scroll to the bottom ) before importing. As Excel usually messed with your date format.

By default it should be as below:

*dd/MMM/yy h:mm a*

YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm this is in my look and feel so i must use the same ?

Also Excel doesn't offer the date format of *dd/MMM/yy h:mm a* so whey wont' JIRA accept a standard format like mm/dd/yyyy h:mm a* ? So you're required to create your own custom format and apply it. Seems like a lot of overhead to import. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,316 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot