customize create issue screen on team-managed project

Kieran Donnelly April 19, 2022

I'm exploring the benefit of using a team-managed project. With a basic setup, I cannot find how I might customize what fields are shown on the issue create screen.

Is that possible? 

Note: I did find the place to customize the fields visible on an issue. (edit/view screens)

3 answers

0 votes
Caryn Becker August 9, 2022

@Kieran Donnelly  I see you said you solved this question.  I am trying to do this, too.

Can you provide more details?  I've been told this is only possible for Company-managed, not Team-managed.  

Also, do you need global admin or can the project admin do it?

Thanks

Kieran Donnelly August 10, 2022

Only in relation to the edit/view screen. Not on issue creation screen.

0 votes
Clayton Mathis June 24, 2022

I just discovered the answer to this issue myself. 

On the Create Issue screen for a team managed project, click on the 3 dots menu in the upper right, and select Show Fields. You can add in Assignee, and other fields available on the project. 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2022

Hello @Kieran Donnelly ,

Team-managed projects are basic projects with very less customizations.
mostly helpful, when the member is completely new to Jira.

Please try the below steps

go to project settings --> Issue Types --> choose the issue type --> you can drag and drop the fields from the right side to the issue type screen.

image.png

Here you can drag and drop the existing fields, custom fields created by you are not visible here on your right side.

Thanks,
Anvesh

Kieran Donnelly April 19, 2022

Thank you but that doesn't solve the problem with the issue create screen having too many fields visible. I understand one can customize the visible screen as a personal setting but I don't want all of my users to have to suffer that extra overhead.

Is it therefore true that one cannot change the appearance of an issue create screen in team-managed projects?

Matt Johnson _SYS_ September 18, 2022

Hi Kieran, I ran across your post while experiencing the same need. Based on what I've found we're both out of luck. I learned all about creating Issue Types, Schemes, and Screens, but found out when I tried to associate a Scheme my projects weren't displayed. 

It's a limitation of team-managed projects. I assume in an effort to 'simplify' team-managed projects they detached them from most of the inherited functionalities. Which is really frustrating, but may be overcome with using a Form instead of using the Create button. Good luck! 

Suggest an answer