custom fields

sohyeon_an June 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Administering JIRA Software

I edited a field and I had edited once on my project. Now when I try to edit that field somehow it doesn't show on the Custom Fields. So I am not able to edit the field. Please help me out.

The field name is Priority.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

I'm not clear on what you mean by "edited a field".  Do you mean you changed the value of the field in the issue edit function?  If you do, and you cleared the value out, then you won't see it on the issue view, you will need to use the full "edit" function to set it again.

If that's wrong, could you explain what you mean by "edit"

sohyeon_an June 14, 2016

I can see the Priority filed on creating issue. Edit meant I had configured Priority field before.

At the first Priority setted up Highest, High, Middle, Low. And I setted up later to Highest, High, Middle, Low, Hold. But now I can't find where to custom this field. I can't find on Custom Fields. Where I can find Priority custom filed to setting.

[ Fields -> Field configurations ]

2016-06-14 20;53;12.PNG

[ FIelds -> Custom Fields ]

2016-06-14 20;54;12.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2016

That priority is not a custom field.  You can't remove it from the field list, and you don't maintain it in the custom field list.  Your screenshot of the field configuration helps a lot - we can see that it is not "hidden" in there, so it's nothing to do with that.

To change the priority option list, go to Admin -> Issues -> Priorities and you'll be able to edit them there.

sohyeon_an June 14, 2016

I found out finally. I am appreciate so much.

Thank you. smile

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Priority is a system field and hence you set the field values in field configuration  (Field -> Field configuration).

After setting the context, you are checking the field in custom fields (Field -> Custom fields) where obviously the Priority wont be seen.

Go to the field Configuration directly or via Project administration-> Field configuration and find it again with the changes.

Suggest an answer